At Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC) we are building quantum computers to enable life-changing discoveries : from new drug modelling to longer-lasting battery technology and portfolio optimisation. We are developing a cloud based quantum computer service – Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) – to help our customers improve their operations and trailblaze new commercial and scientific approaches.
Our team is composed of 20 people with various backgrounds in quantum physics, nanotechnologies, hardware, and software. We are all bound by the desire to put OQC at the forefront of the quantum revolution and build a technology with practical applications in mind.
As OQC’s CAD / Solidworks Engineer, you will work with the quantum hardware team to produce robust CAD designs and drawings for cryogenic infrastructure to facilitate measurement of OQC’s quantum processors. In addition to design, the role will involve liaising with manufacturing providers, final assembly and deployment of solutions. Further responsibilities will include design work aimed at optimisation of other experimental infrastructure.
- Lead CAD work spanning the specification, design, implementation, assembly and deployment of novel infrastructure for quantum processors
- Analyse and assess infrastructure limitations
- Meet with vendors/technology suppliers to evaluate and select solutions
- Create and maintain process documentation, project plans and reports
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in an engineering discipline
- At least 3 years experience in 3D work
- Excellent knowledge of 3D CAD software (such as Solidworks)
- Excellent understanding of mechanical engineering, material properties and machining processes
- Familiarity with component design in tight tolerances (for example satellites, cryogenic systems or magnet design)
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work with customers and suppliers
- Ability to take initiative and work in a self-driven manner
- Experience with cryogenic design principles
- Experience with RF component integration
- Experience developing bespoke solutions
LOCATION & TRAVEL
This role is based in the UK. OQC’s office is located in Shinfield, Reading. There will be a requirement for occasional travel throughout the UK and elsewhere abroad for conferences, meetings and engineering visits.
Send us a cover letter, short portfolio and an annotated version of this role description, highlighting your strengths and weaknesses, at email@example.com. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!