At Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC) we are building quantum computers to enable life-changing discoveries: from new drug modelisation to longer-lasting battery technology and portfolio optimisation. We are developing a cloud based quantum computer service – Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) – to help our customers improve their operations and trailblaze new commercial and scientific approaches.
Our team is composed of 20 people with various backgrounds in quantum physics, nanotechnologies, hardware, and software. We are all bound by the desire to put OQC at the forefront of the quantum revolution and build a technology with practical applications in mind.
We are looking for a Communications and Marketing Specialist to help us develop, execute, and monitor communications and marketing strategies across our traditional and digital channels. This will include market research, content creation, new product launches, social media, and sales enablement. You will be an integral part of our company’s ability to increase brand awareness and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure brand awareness and credibility across all channels
- Assist with all internal and external communications and marketing campaigns
- Design, write, proofread, and edit creative and technical content (branding, advertising copy, graphic designs, promotional materials, etc.) across different mediums (newsletter, email, social media, website, digital campaigns, blogs, press, etc.)
- Ensure the growth and drive traffic, month on month, of our social platforms and website
- Assist with the launch of new products (from market trends to sales enablement)
- Develop campaigns to ensure customer satisfaction
- Implement and track the success of our marketing strategies, share regular reports showing achievement of critical metrics (including campaign results, conversion rates, and online traffic) in order to improve future marketing strategies and campaigns
- Conduct market research and analysis
- Brainstorm, detail and enforce branding guidelines
- Help with the coordination of events such as trade shows or conferences
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 3+ years of experience in traditional and digital marketing and/or communications
- Hands-on experience with marketing tools (incl. software and applications, social platforms, analytics, design & graphics tools)
- Skilled at writing and editing content with an attention to detail
- Experience with product launches and/or integrated marketing campaigns
- Experience with website builders (WordPress a bonus), knowledge of SEO a bonus
- Experience with branding
- Demonstrated experience with market research and analysis
- Outstanding organisational and project management skills, and ability to multitask
- Excellent analytical skills and a knack for marketing-related data analysis
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Self-starter with a creative mind
LOCATION & TRAVEL
OQC’s office is located in Reading. There will be a requirement for occasional travel throughout the UK and elsewhere abroad for conferences, meetings and engineering visits.
Send us a cover letter and an annotated version of this role description, highlighting your strengths and weaknesses, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without an annotated version of this role description will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!